Ever Heard of Special Sauce?
I’ve been writing off and on about CBD products for years, and the interest just doesn’t wane! I can’t pretend to be an expert though, especially on different strains of CBD. I liked the idea of this for the name alone so I asked a US based guest expert to write this for us. Hope it helps!
For many people CBD is a sought-after natural remedy for many ailments and diseases. There are many types of strains with different effects on the body. Choosing the right one is essential when targeting various conditions and disorders such as anxiety, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and seizures. Understanding cannabinoids and terpenes will help you make a more informed decision. Here is what you need to know about Special Sauce to determine if it is the right strain to help you reach your perfect state of mind and overall feeling of well-being.
Hemp is cultivated in lots of different ways, and this is what results in different strains. The ‘strain’ often refers to content or ratio of both THC and CBD present in the cultivated hemp plant. Ideally you want low levels of THC and higher levels of CBD For more info on how hemp is cultivated you can see this article
Special Sauce Plant Chemistry
The cannabis plant has various cannabinoid elements or naturally occurring chemical compounds, which are called phytocannabinoids. Some compounds are produced naturally by the plant, and others are produced by decarboxylation, a chemical change brought about with heat and age.
The most commonly known compounds are CBD and THC. THC is a compound that is psychoactive and associated with a “high.” To get greater THC content, the plant must go through the decarboxylation process. However, the majority of cannabinoids are not intoxicating. The effect depends on how the cannabinoids bind with the natural receptors already found in the body called endocannabinoids. The psychological and physiological effects on the body depend on the location of those receptors in the body and how the cannabinoids bind to them. It is believed that there are more than 100 different cannabinoids.
Special Sauce CBD flower is known for its high CBD content. This strain is thought to help some people with stress, anxiety, and appetite. For some it has been shown to improve sleep. The strain also contains the cannabinoid CBG, which has strong medicinal properties and has been used for cancer treatment, glaucoma intervention, and digestive issues like IBS and Chrone’s. The strain also contains CBCA and CBGA, which are cannabinoid acids with important antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. CBGA is especially known for its antibacterial and anti-proliferative properties.
Special Sauce Terpene Concoction
Special Sauce has a robust terpene profile. Terpenes are the aromatic odors you smell when you come into contact with plants. Cannabis contains high concentrations of terpenes, which gives it that robust and well-known aroma. Some varieties have a very distinctive smell and flavor, such as pine, berry, or citrus.
Below are the six primary terpenes found in the Special Sauce CBD flower:
- Myrcene. Out of all the terpenes, myrcene is the most commonly found terpene in cannabis. It can help with sleep and inflammation. The aroma is tropical and fruity.
- Pinene. Pinene acts as a bronchodilator. It can help with breathing, mental clarity, and calmness. The aroma has notes of pine needles and pinecones.
- Caryophyllene. Caryophyllene has an anti-inflammatory effect and can be a pain regulator. The aroma is peppery and spicy.
- Limonene. Limonene, also found in lemons, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is an anti-stress and mood enhancer terpene. It also is used for metabolic benefits and weight loss.
- Humulene. Humulene is also found in hops. This anti-inflammatory and antibacterial terpene is commonly used as an appetite suppressant.
- Bisoprolol. Bisoprolol, also found in the chamomile flower, is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and pain-relieving terpene. The aroma is floral and light.
When shopping for a CBD flower, the inherent cannabinoids, terpenes, along with the physiological and psychological results dictate what strain to purchase. If you are looking for something which may be have a calming effect and help towards reducing anxiety, along with mental clarity, then Special Sauce may appeal to you.